01 May Organic Alternatives to Home Cleaning Solutions
Organic Alternatives for Cleaning Your Home
In reality, we could all do our part to make our environment a little cleaner but with the hustle and bustle of a busy day, some may not be able to find the time to make changes.
Some may even not know where to start. But what if I told you, you could make organic cleaners on your own with items you can find in your house? Not only will your house be spotless, but you could be saving the world as well!
You can contact our team if you need help cleaning your home, but in the mean time here are some organic home cleaning items that you can use instead of store-bought products:
Use Baking Soda When Cleaning Your Oven
A paste made out of baking soda and water cleans ovens without the chemicals. Just make a paste on the bottom of the oven, leave for a few hours and wipe off for a shiny oven.
For soap scum on tubs and showers, make your own scouring powder.
- 2 parts baking soda
- 1 part salt
- 1 part borax.
Citrus and Vinegar Cleaning Solutions
Put organic citrus peels in a jar. Then pour undiluted white vinegar over them. Leave for a few days and strain out the vinegar to use as a natural cleaner. It works as a window cleaner, for mopping floors, or for disinfecting surfaces. Be sure to dilute with water for window cleaning.
A Natural Way to Clean the Dishwasher
Fill a dishwasher safe bowl or jar with two cups of vinegar and set on the top rack of the dishwasher. Run through on a hot cycle with no other dishes in the dishwasher. Presto! Squeaky clean dishwasher!
Multiple Ways to Clean a Garbage Disposal
- Cut a lemon in half, shove in the garbage disposal and grind (with water running) for 10 seconds.
- Freeze lemon and orange peels in ice cube trays with vinegar or water and throw these in and grind for 10 seconds.
- Pour 1/2 cup of baking soda in and then 1 cup of distilled white vinegar and let sit for 10 minutes before running the water and the disposal.
Shower Head Cleaning
Try cleaning a shower head by filling a plastic bag with white vinegar and then tie the bag around the shower head. Make sure that the shower head is completely immersed in the vinegar. Leave on for up to 12 hours and remove carefully. Pour it down the drain and your shower head should be clean and free of hard water residue.
Carpet Stain Recipe
Carpet stains are the worse! They are extremely tough to get rid and most of the time not even steamers can get the job done. Here is a great recipe for an organic carpet cleaner:
- Mix equal parts white vinegar and water in a spray bottle. Spray directly on stain, let sit for several minutes, and clean with a brush or sponge using warm soapy water.
- For a more heavy duty carpet cleaner, mix 1/4 cup each of salt, borax, and vinegar. Rub paste into carpet and leave for a few hours. Then vacuum.
Try These Cleaning Methods at Home!
If you need additional help cleaning rooms and appliances around your home, contact Maid 4 Cleaning Inc for cleaning services in Mississauga. Our team of cleaners might even have some more home organic cleaning ideas for you to try! For professional cleaning solutions, we’re here to help you!