Flu season is right around the corner, so stocking your house up with the proper cleaning products is essential in ensuring every surface is disinfected to prevent further germs from spreading. Though some germs are actually good for our bodies, germs that cause illnesses can be quite harmful, especially to younger children or seniors.
But which cleaning products will kill the most bacteria?
Stocking up on these cleaning products will do the trick, and you may already have them sitting in your cupboards without realizing it!
1. Baking Soda
You often hear about baking soda being a great cleaning ingredient for any surface in your house, particularly the kitchen and bathroom, but did you know it’s also a great disinfectant? The multiple uses for baking soda are endless – it can clean, polish surfaces, and even help cure skin conditions and fungal infections.
2. Essential Oils
- Tea tree oil – Studies have actually shown tea tree oil kills common viruses that cause E. coli, influenza, and pneumonia. It also makes for a great hand sanitizer.
- Citronella – This essential oil can prevent bacteria from spreading to other parts of your body all while moisturizing your skin too.
- Lemongrass – Studies have also shown the effectiveness that lemongrass has with killing harmful bacteria in our bodies like pneumonia, gum disease, and even reducing inflammation associated with arthritis and diabetes.
- Patchouli – This is another essential oil that can reduce inflammation, decrease anxiety, and effectively eliminate fungus infections.
3. Hydrogen Peroxide
- Countertops (including marble and granite, but not repeatedly as the acidity can eventually dull the sealer)
- And even walls and floors
- Greenworks: Greenworks have many cleaning products, but their multi-purpose cleaner can be used on any surface in the kitchen or bathroom like stainless steel appliances, granite countertops, and toilets and sinks. It’s an affordable mineral and plant-based cleaning product and not tested on animals.
- Method: Method’s antibacterial all-purpose cleaner kills 99.9% of germs lurking around your home. Their products range from natural hand soap to natural laundry detergent and even works great for people with sensitive skin too. It can also be used for any surface in your kitchen, bathroom, dining room, etc.
- The Honest Company: This company is particularly known for its baby-safe and hypoallergenic cleaning products. They also carry a multi-purpose cleaner made from plant-based ingredients, as well as a hand-sanitizer that’s 99.9% effective.
- Lysol: Lysol wipes not only remove tough stains, but they also kill bacteria and viruses that could be lurking on your countertops, sinks, tables, and any other surfaces you’re worried about. Studies have even shown they’ve killed bacteria associated with salmonella and E. coli.